Friday, November 8, 2013

Still Playing Dragon's Prophet

So I've been playing Dragon's Prophet for about two weeks now. I've been putting in 4-6 hours a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. So far, things have been going great and I haven't gotten bored of the game at all. I'm truly surprised at this. I figured by now I'd be long gone and looking for a new game. Mostly because I really hate quest grinding.

As I've said in the past, I'm guessing it's the housing, the dragons, and now the guild features that are keeping me hooked. It's taken quite a while, but I'm finally able to say that the $40 Dragon Pack I bought for the game months and months ago was worth the money! So far, I've spent about $100 on the game (including the $40 for the Dragon Pack so long ago), and I haven't regretted a dime of it. About $30 of that $100 is going towards helping out guildies and buying a $15 SC card for a contest I'm holding for my guild.

So far I've reached level 48. I would be higher,but as with the past couple of days, I got a bit distracted with other things in the game and didn't get a chance to level. Tonight I went dragon hunting, trying to find dragons with great abilities that I can transfer over to my Chaotic Terror ancient dragon that I got from the Halloween event. So far I've given him Tough Hide, which will give him a nice boost to his defense stats once it's leveled up all the way, but now I'm trying to find nice healing abilities for him. I found one, but I'm going to keep searching just in case I can find something better.

Amitabha should reach level 4 tomorrow, which is nice. We're picking up the pace in leveling as we get more active members. I'm hoping to keep the guild a bit small, as I don't want to be a random zerg. However, we're also doing our best to accept newbies  to give them a hand. Introducing people to this game is a blast, just as much fun as it was in Age of Wushu. Both games are a lot more deep and complex than they initially seem, so there's a lot to learn and I feel like I've only just scratched the surface myself.

Since we reached guild level 3 and unlocked the flute gathering process for our dragons, we've been having a blast trying to get something good. Setting up 6 5-hour flute gathering processes and then getting on the next day to see if you got anything good is great, but nothing beats the excitement of seeing what you summon when actually using a good flute. We've been gathering in our Sanctuary whenever one of us has flutes to open, so it's become a pretty big deal within our guild which makes it all the more exciting. So far we've got one ancient out of all of us, but then again we've only had the ability to gather the flutes for two days.

That's it for now. I'll continue to update the blog with what I'm up too in Dragon's Prophet up until I get bored of and quit the game. And even after that I'll continue to update the blog still. I should be making an OnRPG update on what I'm reviewing/have reviewed in the next couple of days. So far this month it's been nothing but browser games, none of which haven't kept be interested enough to stick with them for long. Anyways, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment